Palmetto Military Employers
South Carolina employers who actively hire and retain veterans and service members can now apply to become a certified Palmetto Military Employers (PME). In addition to public recognition of your support of South Carolina’s military community, the credentialing process will provide the resources and data needed to grow and build a viable, sustainable program that’s vital to our state’s economic development.
Why should you become a PME?
- Public recognition from Gov. Henry McMaster, the S.C. National Guard and the S.C. Department of Employment and Workforce.
- Valuable training opportunities on military hiring incentives, benefits and workforce development.
- A unique opportunity to build industry and community partnerships while increasing your human capital.
- Pride in serving those who have served—not just because they served, but because they are the right person for the job.
Ready to apply? Here's how:
- First, submit your Initial Application and Assessment Survey (PDF) by email to OperationPalmettoEmployment@gmail.com
- A PME representative will then contact you to assess your eligibility and have you sign an ESGR Statement of Support (PDF).
- Once approved, you must submit a Letter of Intent (docx) by email on your company letterhead with size and type of business, current workforce stats and anticipated number of military hires in the coming year.
- Attend one of our PME Training Events. These can be found on our events calendar here.
- Send your official logo to firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on the Palmetto Military Employers page for those seeking employment with military-friendly employers.
You will then be awarded your certificate that you can display where potential veteran and service member employees can see it.
NOTE: PME Certification is assessed and awarded on an annual basis. It is conditional on your ability to meet the hiring goals stated in your Letter of Intent. We will follow-up to make sure those annual military hiring and retention numbers are reported.